I take it if you found your way to this part of my site, you are either a search engine robot or someone who is smart about their online security.
My site is a simple one. I don’t collect credit card numbers, addresses, phone numbers, bank account numbers, social security numbers, first born baby’s middle initials, or any other personally identifiable information except your email address if you choose to opt in to my email newsletter or register for an account on this site.
That being said, I do refer you to other websites that may do such things (though I try to keep the ones that ask for your social security number and first born’s middle initial to a minimum) and I cannot be held responsible for how they handle your information. I would advise that reading those respective site’s privacy policies would be prudent if you are concerned about the use of your personal data.
Here are the things that my site does do…
- Google Analytics
- This is a free service provided by Google to allow me to track what pages are viewed on my site and other important statistics like where the viewers came from (ie Google, Bing, Yahoo, Facebook, etc.) or how long they stayed on my site.
- For reference, this is exactly the same information that is collected whenever you search for something on Google.
- Affiliate tracking IDs
- As I mentioned on my disclosure page, I support this site by endorsing piano courses that I think can help you learn to play piano. In order for me to get credited for referring you to them, I link to their site in a special way that ties your visit to my site.
- The other sites usually use a cookie to keep track of my site’s referral of you to their site and this cookie usually expires after a month or two.
- If you would like more information about these site’s privacy policies, here are the links to those privacy policies where they outline what exactly they can do with those cookies
- Collect your email address if you opt in to my newsletter
- I will never, ever, EVER sell your email address or give it to anyone else. I have an email account too and believe me, I hate spam as much as you do!
- In these emails, I guarantee that there is an easy way to unsubscribe if you do not wish to receive emails from Play Piano Music any more. At that point, your email will be permanently removed from my database and I will not be able to recover it unless you return to Play Piano Music and re-opt in to the newsletter.
Anyway, I hope that helped clarify what personally identifiable information my site does collect. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Thanks for your time, and good luck learning to play the piano!