With the intention of bringing strangers together (including a few folks that got married because of this concept), Luke Jerram – the creator of this exhibit – is bringing this public art display to the great state of Utah, which apparently has the highest ownership of pianos per capita.
Artists will decorate the 10 pianos (donated by a local music company) that are distributed throughout the city from June 15th to June 30th, with the following hours: Tuesday through Thursday – 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., Friday – 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Saturday – 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
You can find the pianos at these addresses:
- Bennett Federal Building, 125 S. State St.
- Celtic Bank, 268 S. State St.
- Downtown Alliance, 175 E. 400 South
- Gallivan Center, 239 S. Main St.
- Jones Waldo, 170 S. Main
- Kilowatt Commons Park, 135 S. West Temple
- Nordstrom, 55 S. West Temple
- Squatters Pub Brewery, 147 West Broadway
- UMOCA, 20 S. West Temple
- Utah Arts Council, 617 E. South Temple.
Read More here: http://desne.ws/KHs8DT